I received a lot of cards at Convention back in July, which translate into a lot of inspiration. I received one card that someone had used the Top Note Die and folded it to make it look like a purse! Now, I don’t remember who I got this card from, nor do I know where the idea came from, but I wanted to share it with all of you! (If this was your idea, please let me know and I will give due credit.) I changed some things and made some adjustments, and this is the card that I ended up with.
Here is how I made the base of this card:
1. Start with a piece of Poppy Parade card stock cut to 5-1/2”x8”, score at 4” and fold.
2. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 5-1/4”x3-3”4.
3. Sponge around all 4 edges of the Whisper White layer and add a sentiment with the Poppy Parade ink. I used the ‘Thinking of You’ stamp from the Sincere Salutations set.
This is how I finished this card off by making a purse using the Top Note die and Big Shot from Sizzix:
1. Cut a piece of patterned DSP in Poppy Parade at 4”x5” and run it through the Big Shot using the Top Note die.
2. Place the die cut on your paper cutter with one point of the die at the 3” line.
3. Using either a scoring blade or bone folder, score the top note die.
4. Put 3 mini glue dots on the shorter side of the top note die on what will be the flap of the purse.
5. Press down to secure the flap onto the main part of the purse.
6. You will notice that the points of the die cut will be peeking out from the sides of the purse. Flip it over and using your paper snips, snip those off.
7. When you flip the purse back over, it should look like this!
8. Place 4 Stampin’ Dimensionals onto the back of the purse. Place one in each corner and one in the middle. Place a glue dot on both ends of the same side of the Poppy Parade 1/2” Poly-Stitched ribbon and place onto the back of the purse.
9. Flip the purse back over and layer it onto the card.
10. Using the 5-Petal Flower punch, punch 2 flowers out of the Poppy Parade Patterned DSP.
11. Layer the 2 flowers onto each other, and place on to your foam mat from your mat pack.
12. Using your paper piercer, poke a hole directly in the center of your flowers.
13. From a package of the Neutrals 5/16 Inch Brads, place a Chocolate Chip brad into the center of the flowers.
14. Place a Stampin’ Dimensional onto the back of your flowers and place onto the purse to finish the card!
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine: #113439
Top Note Originals Die: #113463
Sincere Salutations Stamp Set: #115068
Whisper White card stock: #100730
Poppy Parade card stock: #119793
Poppy Parade Classic Ink: #119782
1/2 Inch Poly Stitched Ribbon in Poppy Parade: #119263
Designer Series Paper In-Color Patterns Stack: #117158
Neutrals 5/16 Inch Brads: #112534