Covered Jr. Legal Pad Tutorial
1. Cut 2 pieces of Real Red card stock. One at 5-1/2”x8-1/2” and one at 5-1/2”x11”.
2. Score the 5-1/4”x11” piece at 8-1/2” and again at 8-3/4”. Fold on score lines.
3. Place a length of sticky strip to the back of the legal pad at the top, bottom and both sides.
4. Remove the backing from the Sticky Strip and place the top of the Junior Legal Pad at the top of the 5-1/2”x8-1/2” piece of Real Red card stock. (Make sure that it is centered.) And press down.
5. Place a length of sticky strip to the 5-1/2”x11” piece of Real Red card stock above the top crease and another at the very top of the card stock.
6. Remove the backing from the sticky strip and line up the top of the back side of the legal pad on the section of the 8-1/2”x11” with the sticky strip and press down.
7. Cut a piece of the Play Date Designer Series Paper with the numbers to 5”x8” and center it onto the front side of, the now covered, legal pad.
8. Cut a strip of Real Red card stock at 3”x6” and center onto the middle of the DSP.
9. Cut a strip of the brown sheet of DSP at 1-7/8”x4-7/8” and center on to the Real Red card stock.
10. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 2-1/2”x3”. Stamp the deer from the Forest Friends stamp set in Chocolate Chip in the center of the card stock. Sponge the edges.
11. Cut a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock at 1-3/4”x2”. Using the Scallop Trim Border punch, punch the 1-3/4” side of the card stock. Adhere to the back of the Whisper White card stock at the bottom.
12. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on all 4 corners of the back of the Whisper White card stock.
13. To finish up the inside, cover up the top section of the legal pad with a strip of DSP measuring 7/8”x5” using sticky strip.
14. Place onto the notebook wherever you think it looks best. I put mine up a little higher just to offset the look a little bit.
For this project I used the following Stampin’ Up! products:
Forest Friends stamp set (#113748)
Play Date DSP (#117168)
Real Red card stock (#102482)
Whisper White card stock (#100730)
Pear Pizzazz card stock (#119795)
Chocolate Chip Classic Ink (#100908)
Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430)
Sticky Strip (#104294)
Thank you for looking at how I made this adorable notebook cover. If you have any questions feel free to post them in a comment below the post!